Thursday, July 23, 2009

My previous perfect game

I remember randomly tuning into a Fox Sports Arizona broadcast of the Arizona Diamondbacks against the Atlanta Braves on May 18, 2004 with Randy Johnson pitching (actually I don't remember the team they were playing or the date at all, I just remember that Randy Johnson was pitching for the Diamondbacks).

On that day, Randy Johnson threw a perfect game, the 17th in Major League history. He faced twenty-seven batters and they all got out, not a single person reaching first base.

That was the last perfect game in the Major Leagues before Chicago White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle threw his perfect game this afternoon in Chicago.

Still one of the coolest MLB achievements that I've seen on TV, up there when I saw McGwire hit his 62nd home run.

No comments:

Post a Comment