Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vote for Manny

Someone came up with a great idea that I wish I had thought of: A blog that urges people to vote for Manny Ramirez to be a starter in the Major League Baseball All-Star game in June.

Manny is my favorite baseball player (and we're apparently on a first-name basis), mainly because he seems so... genuine. There is that whole cheating thing, but, hey if other cheaters are in the Hall of Fame, why not Manny?

And to connect this with a previous post, I have to recommend these two Onion articles:Manny Ramirez: 'Am I In Trouble?' and Manny Ramirez Likes Red Sox's New Blue Uniforms.

The blog, VoteForManny.blogspot.com, says the purpose of the campaign is:
To highlight the silliness that are the MLB rules towards PED users as well as their "head in the sand" approach to this situation. Rather than confront it head-on, MLB is choosing to do nothing and simply hope there are three higher vote getters in the NL OF.
I'm not sure what they're talking about, but if there is any way to legally embarrass Bud Selig, then I'm all for it.

Oh, and Manny is in fourth place right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment