Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ichiro wants to wear jeans

A cool little story from the All Star game about Japanese star Ichiro Suzuki, his link to hall of fame player George Sisler and, yes, meeting Barack Obama (Obama threw out the first pitch of the All Star game).
Obama, visiting the clubhouses, stopped and signed a ball for Ichiro, who gave a slight bow upon meeting the President and appeared as giddy and excited as a kid.

"My idea, when I saw him, was to say, 'What's up?' to him," Ichiro said. "But I got nervous. You know, he has that kind of aura about him. So I got nervous and I didn't say that to him. I was a little disappointed about that.

"But I realized after seeing him today that presidents wear jeans, too. So my hope is that our skipper, [Don] Wakamatsu, was watching that and we can wear jeans on our flights, as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment