Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vanity URL landrush coming to Facebook

Facebook is launching their "vanity urls" on Friday at 12:01 ET, the Facebook blog announced.

I'm surprised that it took this long before it happened.

Right now, my Facebook profile is something like "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=##########" with the # symbols being actual numbers. Not exactly something that is easy to put on a business card next to my Twitter account, my e-mail and my cell phone number.

But soon, Facebook urls will look like this: "http://www.facebook.com/USERNAME."

So when is this available? Well, I said above. But here is the lowdown from the Facebook blog:
Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT on Saturday, June 13, you'll be able to choose a username on a first-come, first-serve basis for your profile and the Facebook Pages that you administer by visiting www.facebook.com/username/. You'll also see a notice on your home page with instructions for obtaining your username at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment